In this article we explain the metrics and insights available to you on your Space dashboard.
What is my Space dashboard?
Your Space dashboard is the control panel for your Space. Each Space has its own dashboard. You can track activity and view key user insights once your app is integrated with mtribes and you have data flowing through.
What metrics are available on my dashboard?
The dashboard displays metrics for every Space in an organization, allowing you to see a snapshot of what’s happening with your audience and targeting activities.
- Users - the number of identified people in your Space.
- Visitors - the number of unidentified people in your Space.
These metrics are each followed by a growth indicator showing the increase or decrease in users and visitors to your Space in the last 30 days, as percentage. The growth indicator is helpful to view the growth in your Space at a glance.
Key user insights
Key user insights highlights groups of users that might be particularly helpful to understanding engagement in this Space. Each metric is accompanied by a growth indicator to the right, and a portion indicator below each key figure. The portion indicator captures the percentage of users each key user graph represents.
- Active - the number of users who have been active in this Space in the last 30 days.
- New - the number of first-time users in this Space in the last 30 days.
- At risk - the number of users who were previously active in this Space but have been inactive for over 30 days.
- Lost - the number of users that have not been active in this Space for over 60 days.
Most active and Least active Tribes are updated hourly to reflect the actions of users and visitors in your Space.
- Most active Tribes - the 5 most active Tribes calculated from all users and visitors who have been active in this Space in the last 30 days (Keep up the good work here!)
- Least active Tribes - the 5 most inactive Tribes calculated from all users and visitors who have been active in this Space in the last 30 days.
Scroll to the bottom section of the page to view Experiences metrics. The Experience icon displayed represents the top Experience in each category in the past week, followed by a growth indicator. Experience metrics are updated hourly to reflect the actions of users and visitors in your Space.
- Most served - the 5 most served Experiences in this Space across the last 7 days.
- Least served - the 5 least served Experiences in this Space across the last 7 days.
- Most improved - the 5 Experiences with the most improvement in the last 7 days.
- Least improved - the 5 Experiences with the least improvement in the last 7 days.
What to read next?
Head back to Tribe metrics and insights to learn more about how mtribes metrics can lead to insights on users and visitors, or perhaps you’re ready to find out more about scheduling targeted Scenarios to keep your users active.